Re: Patch cplay to use mplayer with speed-control

On 2006-06-23, Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> wrote:
> If it is optional (that is, if you improve your patch to test for an mplayer
> binary at runtime), you could certainly consider submitting it to the Debian
> maintainer or to upstream.

I worked on my patch. Now it only extents cplay of the possibility to use
mplayer, but all players of the original version still work. So there is no
_need_ of mplayer, it also works without.

> - It would be more readable if you use unified diff format ("diff -u")
> to show some lines of context.
> - The code where you create the fifo makes it with a predictable
> filename; also, it assumes that if it (or another file of the same name)
> already exists, it may be deleted by the current cplay user.  Hence it
> is susceptible to a very trivial DOS attack.  You ought to fix this
> before submitting the patch.

Thank you, I did like you suggested. The code for the fifo from my first patch
was copied from the control-fifo of the original cplay-1.49. I fixed both in
different ways according to the ideas of the fifo use. I also added equalizer
support and tried fixing http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=375060.

I sent my patch to Ulf, the author of cplay and will wait for his reactions.
The cplay-dev mailinglist seems dead, but I will announce it there, too.

Thanks for further comments, see
http://www.argafal.de/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=projcplay for the latest version.

Best regards,
-daniel-
--
http://www.blackamp.de

GPG-Key: 0x53BE81EC
Fingerprint: A854 4C0A FF1A 09DF 5433  0EF8 1CF0 0213 53BE 81EC