Re: Easy way to incorporate Ubuntu improvements back into Debian?

> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2006/04/msg02216.html for the current
> problem list. If anyone wants to help make Xgl in Debian a reality, I'd
> love the help, but right now it's not looking very likely any time soon.
For whatever it is worth:

I'm using compiz-vanilla (which is a snapshot built regularly, approx
2-3 times a week)

deb http://www.beerorkid.com/compiz dapper main
on Debian unstable

I had to grab one of the depends (one of the libraries) from
debian experimental -- don't recall now which one...

Also I've tried to build compiz on the box but it failed, it seems that
libwnck18 (and its -dev) wasn't recent enough to include necessary
function (wnck_window_has_name) for config test to pass and to build
gnome decorator. Actually it seems from the most recent
changelog.Debian entry for libwnck18 from beerorkid that it might
work now:

libwnck (2.14.2-0ubuntu2) dapper; urgency=low
  * Add compiz support.
 -- reggaemanu <reggaemanu@gmail.com>  Sun, 18 Jun 2006 02:29:07 +0200

--
                                  .-.