Re: installing a package from "Config-files" state earlier than the most recent stable release

On 16 Jun 2006, Frank Küster uttered the following:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>>> How do you achieve this?  The conffile questions are displayed
>>> after the new package is unpacked, so isn't a failing postinst all
>>> you can get?  How do you get back to the old version?
>>
>> I ask the questions in preinst.
>
> So you aren't talking about dpkg's conffile questions, right?  Or is
> there a trick?

        You are quite correct. I translated conffile into
 configuration file in my head. I don't know how to do this if dpkg is
 the entity asking the question.

        manoj
--
Great acts are made up of small deeds. Lao Tsu