Re: A clean way to introduce delay between scripts in /etc/init.d?

Am Montag, 12. Juni 2006 22:17 schrieb Joey Hess:
> LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) wrote:
> > What is a clean way to introduce a delay between the
> > scripts in /etc/init.d ?
> >
> > I saw a problem that /etc/rc2.d/S27bind9 started before
> > /etc/rc2.d/S25ifplugd actually completed all the tasks
> >
> The best way to accomplish this is to fix the earlier program so that it
> does not return until all tasks are complete.

A much cleaner and faster way: run the scripts from /etc/resolvconf/update.d
at that stage. This may create files with no DNS entries but at least the
files are there. And in the case of bind, it will be told to reload its
configuration when new DNS entries appear.
And actually, it is done when /etc/init.d/resolvconf is run at boot time. If
the file creation fails and the script /etc/resolvconf/update.d/bind does not
create the needed file, I would consider this a bug somewhere along that
line.

HS