A clean way to introduce delay between scripts in /etc/init.d?

Hi,

What is a clean way to introduce a delay between the
scripts in /etc/init.d ?

I saw a problem that /etc/rc2.d/S27bind9 started before
/etc/rc2.d/S25ifplugd actually completed all the tasks

Specifically, ifplugd, with the help of resolvconf,
would generate the file /var/run/bind/named.options,
which would be used by bind9.  Unfortunately by the
time bind9 ran, the file was not yet generated.

I could force a delay between the two scripts by
introducing another script (run at S26) that does
nothing but sleep for a fixed time (30 seconds).  That
seemed to work around the problem.  But I wonder if
there is a cleaner solution.

Ideally, the delay should not be fixed but dynamic.
That is, a later script can have some means to know for
sure that an earlier script has completed all the tasks
already.

Thanks!

Clement