Re: Summary of Debconf i18n/l10n activities

raw answers...

> Who does decide which files are being imported?

I would say the team who administers the server (what we defined as
"Administrators" in the infrastructure targets). This is of course
coordinated with the upstream itself, to determine what notification
method they prefer.

An alternative method could be an "opt-in" system where upstreams are
doing a volunteer action to "register" their project (here we come
with ideas similar to the TP)

> How are translations pushed upstream?

Here comes the needed modularity of the system.

We will probably need to design several modules to push translation to
upstream maintainers (as you already explained in one of your mails,
"upstream" can be a Debian maintainer when it comes at Debian packages
related translations):

-direct commit to upstream RCS (so various plugins for various RCS)
-sending bug reports to upstream BTS (so various plugins for various
 BTS systems)
-e-mail (similar to the TP)
-others?

The push module will of course need to be able to send the
translations in whatever format is needed by upstream (PO, XLIFF,
Mozilla stuff, whatever...)