Re: GBit performance problem with nfs client

Hi Pasi,

The situation:
I have a file server running on Sarge AMD64 connected
with a 1GBit interface to a GBit uplink off the switch.
Do not think that this sounds like a common problem. It isn't!!!

Btw what switch do you have?

There is a known problem in HP switches where traffic from port operating at
Gigabit to port operating at 100 Mbps (or the other way) will be really slow.. 20-30 Mbps max. Although sometimes the performance is ok.. mostly not.

The problem can be "fixed" by disabling QoS features in the switch..

we have Enterasys switches. But if I use scp there is no problem.
The restricted performance occures during nfs transfers only.
Other clients on the 100MBit ports have no problem neither with
scp nor with nfs.

Greetings,
Gordon