Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 07:04:40PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2006 15:21 schrieb Axel Beckert:
> > I have a laptop with a GD 7543 chip. And I won't throw away a working
> > laptop just because its graphics card isn't supported and can't be
> > exchanged either.
>
> What about using the vesa of fbdev drivers? Maybe slow but working.

I currently use the vesa driver, but it seems to have several more or
less strange side effects like e.g. keeping the last graphics mode
picture in memory even after a reboot, having always some green lines
on the top of the screen for the first few seconds after starting or
switching to X, etc. Framebuffer is still on the todo list, yes.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/