Re: Summary of Debconf i18n/l10n activities

On 6/6/06, Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
"Gustavo Franco" <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/6/06, Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
>> "Gustavo Franco" <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Agreed. Btw, it would be better keep Etch package descriptions updated
>> > during its support cycle, but i think it's impossible with the
>> > infrascture we've, right ?
>>
>> No. We already have the previous working structure all up and
>> running. What we want to do is improve it.
>
> Does it mean that we've infrastructure to keep updating Etch package
> descriptions during it support cycle? Is it the plan?

People is testing it and then will announce it probably. We intent to
try to make as fast as possible.

Nice, thanks. While we're at this subject, what's your view on the
Ubuntu language packs? Are we going to extract the translations from
the packages creating language packs? It has pros and cons, and
the best thing i see is the possibility to keep translating stuff after
release. Thoughts?

regards,
-- stratus