about mdadm 2.5-1/experimental

Good evening^Wmorning,

I have uploaded mdadm 2.4.1-2 to unstable (should be ready for
(non-production) use, no *big* changes), and 2.5-1 to experimental
(*big* changes, works in my case, YMMV).

If you want to give 2.5-1 a whirl, I would appreciate it. Until the
initramfs-tools maintainers have had a chance to catch up (no
pressure...), please consider:

THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RUNNING IT
ON PRODUCTION SERVERS. or at least don't blame me for it afterwards.

None of the following needs to concern you if you are using
monolithic kernels (no modules), yaird, or initrd-tools/mkinitrd.

This release depends heavily on the initramfs-tools dudes fixing
#367567 with their next (>> 0.60) release. In the mean time, you
*can* try mdadm 2.5 by taking a screwdriver and loosening those
screws that make the conflict on initramfs-tools (<= 0.60)
necessary:

  apt-get install -d -t experimental mdadm
  sed -i -e s,md,mdadm, /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/lvm
  rm /usr/share/initramfs-tools/{scripts/local-top,hooks}/md
  dpkg -i --force-conflicts /var/cache/apt/archive/mdadm_2.5-1_*.deb

If you installed the package before the `sed` and `rm` calls,
please run `update-initramfs -u` afterwards.

Good luck, and thanks.

`. `'`

you can't assign IP address 127.0.0.1 to the loopback adapter,
because it is a reserved address for loopback devices.
                                  -- micro$oft windoze xp professional