Re: Red team attacks vs. cracking

also sprach Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> [2006.05.30.2120 +0200]:
> Even the guy at 7-Eleven has the big book of north american ID cards with
> pictures and descriptions of what makes a real one for when they encounter an
> ID that they've never seen before.  Surely Debian can do as well as the guy
> selling cigarettes and beer at the 7-Eleven when it comes to verification...

<fun context="true story">
  I once had the 7-Eleven guy refuse my German driver's licence,
  because it had "VOID" printed over it in this very book
</fun>

The idea is a nice one, let's compile a book with descriptions of
valid IDs. However, this really won't help at all during a KSP.

`. `'`

Most Intelligent Customers Realise Our Software Only Fools Them.