Re: sending debian-private postings to gmail

Scripsit "Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU>

> Taken to extremes, this implies that (1) DD's should only receive mail
> sent to boxes under their own control and (2) all mail passing through
> debian-private should, for each subscriber to the list, be encrypted
> individually to the public key on file for her/him.

> Come to think of it, (2) isn't a bad idea.  Is it feasible for this to
> be done transparently?

It may or may not be feasible to do it transparently on the list
software side, but it certainly isn't feasible to do it on the reader
side. I for one certainly am not going to make a daily effort to move
mail from the internet-connected box to the one that knows my secret
key, and type in my 100+ character passphrase several times in order
just to get to know that ${INSERT_RANDOM_DD} will be on vacation.
Better to drop -private completely then, and what does that gain
anybody?

--
Henning Makholm              "I Guds Faders namn, och Sonens, och den Helige
                   Andes! Bevara oss från djävulens verk och från Muhammeds,