Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 01:38:57PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> As has already been pointed out: what if Sun Java manages to enter a
> future stable (or oldstable) release?
> How quickly can Debian "effectively" drop a package from there?

Is this really a problem? After all, nothing in main can depend on anything
in non-free, so all such a removal would do, would be that part of non-free
becomes uninstallable without installing external software (say, the JRE
using java-package). (I don't know the internals of dak, but still.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/