Re: alternatives and priorities

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:28:30PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

> >  Using popcon would ensure that the applications which most people
> >  prefer would be the default; this is a fair and objective criterion.
> Interesting idea, but by my reckoning that would make "ed" the default
> editor for most people, which I don't think is a good idea:
> 	    <http://popcon.debian.org/main/editors/by_inst>

If you look at by_vote [0] the situation is different:
http://popcon.debian.org/main/editors/by_vote

[0] which seems more relevant to me:
#<inst> is the number of people who installed this package;
#<vote> is the number of people who use this package regularly;

gregor

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Janis Joplin & Big Brother And: Summertime