Re: Intent to hijack Bacula (Heads up, Get The Facts!) (long)

* Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@debian.org) wrote:
> But regarding the build system, I REALLY object to any major changes! Fixes yes,
> but not REPLACEMENT!!

Uhh, or, not...  Sorry, but the build system was terrible and is
certainly something which should not be encouraged.

I'd encourage you to look at John's packaging and try building it and
see how it goes.  If you still have complaints about the speed of the
build then bring them up with some timing information.  Honestly,
though, I'm much more concerned about maintainability than speed of the
build.  There's a reason we build debs and don't just ship source- so
our users don't have to deal with the build time.

	Thanks,

		Stephen