Re: Sun Java available from non-free

* Bill Allombert:

> I don't think it is appropriate to use debian-devel-announce to
> advertise non-free softwares epecially when we are striving to provide
> a free alternative.

I tend to agree.

> Any pointer to that discussion ? I could not find any on debian-legal.
>  From reading the license I don't see how we can distribute it without
> some binding promise from SUN they will not sue us no matter what.

And this promise needs to extend to our mirror operators.  Even if we
put a disclaimer on the non-free section, saying that mirrors should
carry it on a package-by-package basis after considering the license,
I think it's hardly fair to push a license such as this onto the
mirror network.