Re: Mime Support -- Please somebody reply this

Indraveni <indraveni@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>     we are working for a distro. For that we are using a debian
>     installer for installing the deb packages with a double click on a
>     deb package and also incorporated into our distro. But the problem
>     is:

Without telling us what this "debian installer" exactly does, nobody
will be able to help you.  From the description it sounds as if it is
*not* the "debian installer" that we use to install a Debian system from
scratch?

>     At the first time when we try to install we need to check the open
>     with the deb_installer option in properties. Once it is checked we
>     are able to install all other deb pacakge through the installer
>     without any problem. But how can we do this for the first time
>     itself.
>
>     that is what ever deb package we are downloading it shd by default
>     open with the installer.

This sounds like you are using a browser-based scheme?

>     For invoking this option which pacakge we need to alter.
>
>     I heard something about mime-support package. Is there anything to
>     be done in this package or anything else.

I'm not sure, but I think that many browsers have their own handling of
file types or file extensions, independent of mime-types.  So this might
turn out to be a browser question.

But generally, yes, changing mime-support's conffiles can do this.
Please read the documentation and ask specific questions where you can't
find out yourself.

By the way, I'm not sure whether this question might be better suited
for debian-users@lists.debian.org.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster