Re: Intent to hijack Bacula

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 23:07 +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
> > John has managed to not only update to the latest upstream version in his
> > upload, but he's also managed to fix 24 bugs by my count. It is notable
> > that he has managed to achieve so much while Jose struggled just to update
> > to the new version.
> >
> I have been away from home for 20 months; During the latest 3 I have had
> random hardware errors which I couldn't fix.

Stick to the facts.  Bacula was broken, was removed from testing and not
updated for very long time.  You were not able to do anything with it to
get it to better shape.  Sorry, but fact that you have been away from
home and you have had broken hardware doesn't help our users. If you
were not able to fullfill your maintainership duties for 20 months (or
so), you should have stepped down much earlier and ask for help.  And
you started to work on bacula again only after John announced
hijack...well, I don't believe in coincidences.

Cool down please and come back only after you realize that our users are
priority.

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej@sury.org>