Re: gcc 4.1 or not

* Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2006-05-10 23:11]:

> there were some requests, e.g. by Martin Michlmayr to the release team
> whether we could switch gcc to 4.1 or not for etch.  As we're heading to
> freeze etch rather soon and also the RC bug count doesn't look too good,
> and we want to be on time this time :), we think the switch to gcc 4.1
> as default should only be made if not more than 20 packages become RC
> buggy by it.  Also, the switch should happen latest 1.5 months prior to
> freeze, that is Jun 15th.

I'm in favour of gcc 4.1 as it would provide our etch users with a
fairly recent default gcc at the time of the release and avoids the
rumor that debian releases badly outdated stuff as well.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
<Thought> i am about to sell the oldest disks in the world :d