Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 4

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 22:49 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>Hello Debian developers,
>
>Here the lists of packages involved in circular dependencies listed by
>maintainers.

[snip]

> Debian Xfce Maintainers <pkg-xfce-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>         xfce4-mixer
>         xfce4-mixer-alsa
>         xfce4-mixer-oss

In this situation, xfce4-mixer depends on xfce4-mixer-(alsa|oss).
xfce4-mixer contains common files, an executable, a panel plugin,
locales... It relies on two backend libs, an oss or an alsa one.

xfce4-mixer really depends on the backends, it won't work without one of
them. We made the backends depends on xfce4-mixer because it's useless
to have them installed without the mixer. But it's not harmful either,
so I just changed the Depends: to Recommends: (btw people should not
install directly xfce4-mixer-(alsa|oss) but install xfce4-mixer).

It'll be fixed in the next package version.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez