Re: no libldap-dev from openldap2.2 package?

Ondrej Sury <ondrej@sury.org> writes:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 19:33 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> You can't right now because GnuTLS support is only available for 2.1.  2.2
>> and later will need substantial reworking of that support, and without it,
>> the OpenSSL licensing issues cause too many licensing conflicts in Debian
>> for it to be safe to provide a -dev package that people can use widely.

>> I'm pretty sure that we can get funding to do the GnuTLS support for
>> OpenLDAP properly.  It's just taking a really long time to work through
>> that process.

> Seems like as good idea for a project of Google Summer of Code...

No, we already know what needs to be done and who's going to do the work
and have the resources lined up.  We just need to find the funding so that
those people can justify spending the time on it, and even that process
has already reached the tentative approval stage pending a final proposal.
I expect that implementation will be started before the Google Summer of
Code even begins, assuming nothing unforseen happens.