Re: Does /etc/shadow exist in an sbuild environment?

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 07:09:17AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Turning shadow on in chroots is left up to the local admin.
>
> This is optionnally done by the passwd package when it is
> reconfigured, see /var/lib/dpkg/info/passwd.config
>
> Of course, using "shadowconfig on" is also possible without
> reconfiguring the passwd package..:)
>
> Apart from that, yes, enabling shadow passwords is the default on
> newly installed Debian. The relevant question is hidden in default
> high priority installs and has a positive answer as default. It is
> shown when the install is run at medium priority.

I don't have passwd installed in my chroots, don't have a
/etc/shadow, and installing passwd doesn't get create it either.

It also seems to require that you have debconf installed, which I
don't.  Even with debconf installed it doesn't turn it on by
default.

Kurt