Re: utnubu-desktop for the masses

Henning Makholm wrote:
> Can tasksel tasks be manipulated programmatically with the same
> apt/aptitude inferfaces that metapackages can?

This question does not have a yes or no answer, the situation is rather
more complex than that.

FWIW, I advocated using packages with collections of recommends as task
packages when the task system was being designed, but the idea was
discarded for various reasons. You can find the full details of that
decision in the threads starting here, but I don't see much point in
rehashing it since very little of relevance has changed since:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2001/05/msg00075.html

--
see shy jo