Re: utnubu-desktop for the masses

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 07:56:18PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 19:42, Steve Langasek wrote:

>> > Having the metapackage kicked out of testing and having the release team
>> > refuse to help you get it back into the release because you ignored their
>> > recommendations is, however, not subjective.

>> What if metapackages only recommended?

> I have a hard time imagining how this differs positively from tasksel's task
> support.

Can tasksel tasks be manipulated programmatically with the same
apt/aptitude inferfaces that metapackages can?

If yes: Then how do they differ from packages, and how to we need a
secondary concept at all?

If no: Then I would very much like to keep the metapackages I use as
ordinary packages, thank you.

--
Henning Makholm                                      "Punctuation, is? fun!"