Re: Guidelines for packaging projects on Alioth

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 09:33:46AM -0400, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 02:21:05PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Not in my opinion. Most failures I come around are things involving
> > build-dependencies that aren't available yet. There's nothing a
> > maintainer can or, indeed, needs to do about that.
>
> Those cases can be treated differently than failures due to other
> reasons, though.

Uh, yes; and they are. But that's not the point.

The point really is that build failures rarely need maintainer
intervention.  Bothering the maintainer with things that do not concern
them, therefore, seems of little point to me.

--
Fun will now commence