Re: Guidelines for packaging projects on Alioth

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > I even documented that configuration in the sample configuration file.
> > That's what I've done with python-modules recently. Some people subscribe
> > to the -commits list because they are very involved in the team and other
> > just use the PTS to follow the 2-3 packages that are of interest to them.
>
> But isn't the maintainer automatically subscribed to all messages to the
> PTS?

No, this has never been the case. The maintainer gets the bug reports
from the BTS directly and the PTS is useful for people who are not the
maintainer but which do want to receive all the information that
the maintainer usually receives.

Furthermore, the PTS has a very fine-grained mechanism to select which
messages one wants to receive. Thus you can always work around any problem
by enabling or disabling a specific keyword on a specific subscription.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog