Re: Missing firefox source and unofficial debian-amd64 breakage

Mike Hommey <glandium@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:49:29PM +0200, Mike Hommey <glandium@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 02:46:47PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > as some might have noticed the Debian archive is missing
>> >
>> > /debian/pool/main/f/firefox/firefox_1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2.orig.tar.gz
>> >
>> > The missing file has a sideeffect for the debian-amd64 archive because
>> > the sync-script detects an inconsistency and stops. Since it goes
>> > alphabeticaly and package after firefox won't be updated to the latest
>> > version anymore.

>> > maintainers fault and is probably being investigated already. But that
>> > doesn't help the rest of the world in the short run.
>>
>> AFAIK, the breakage is due to the fact that 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-1 is
>> sitting in the NEW queue. I guess Eric didn't make a sourceful upload
>> for 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-2, thus the missing orig.tar.gz file.
>
> Better than that. Eric DID a sourceful upload which got rejected because
> the .orig.tar.gz was in the NEW queue. Then he uploaded without the
> source and that's what got into the archive.
> Now, 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-1 has been rejected, without any reason given.
>
> Mike

Well, -1 must have had some new package and -2 not. That makes -1
obsolete and afaik it can't be accepted anymore since -2 was already
in the archive (and the new package still had no override entry).

I wonder if doing a 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-3 sourcefull upload would work.

MfG
        Goswin