Re: AMD64: etch and uploads

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:17:54PM -0400, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 12:41:50AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Developers with amd64 machines are also now able to upload new versions
> > of their package built locally (rather than in an i386 chroot) -- but
> > in order to ensure dependencies are calculated correctly, please make
> > sure you're building using Debian unstable and not packages from Ubuntu
> > or the unofficial debian-amd64 archive; using pbuilder or debootstrap
> > to create a chroot build environment might be helpful in this case.
>
> In order to fulfill this requirement, is there a best practice / any
> possible way to "convert" an amd64 box which has been installed from
> debian-amd64 to an official debian amd64 box?

I use the following:
apt-get clean
apt-get --reinstall install -d `dpkg --get-selections |grep -v deinstall | sed -e 's/\t.*//' `
cd /var/cache/apt/archives
dpkg -i *.deb

You can't do it without the -d, apt-get seems to have a problem
with depedency loops.

Note that it might complain about packages it can't (re)install,
in my case those were all packages that have been replaced.  You
should remove those.

Kurt