Re: Please remove rules.old

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> I will remove my rules.old in php-json because it's a mistake and I like
> clean debian/ dirs. but please, not the bandwith argument for a file

It is also annoying to try to figure out why someone left something behind
every time you have to deal with someone else's package.  You cannot just
assume they were lazy or did a half-assed job -- you'd be the one doing an
half-assed job then -- so you have to make triple sure the file is not there
because it has important historical information or whatever.   This is a big
waste of time.

So please always remove any and all cruft and unused/unneeded files from
your packaging directories.  It wastes the most scarse resource we have,
which is developer-hours.

  Henrique Holschuh