Re: Please remove rules.old

Le Mar 18 Avril 2006 07:23, Benjamin Seidenberg a écrit :
> Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> > On 17 April 2006 at 22:42, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > | There are a few dozen source packages in the archive that contain
> > | a file called debian/rules.old.  In many cases, this was
> > | apparently the backup copy during a cdbs conversion or something
> > | similar that should have been removed.  If you appear below,
> > | please consider fixing this.
> >
> > Sure, but why?  Doesn't exactly do harm, does it?
> >
> > Dirk   (not sub'ed on d-devel so please CC me)
>
> Any unnecessary cruft is a waste of both mirror space and bandwidth.
> I know the college I'm going to next year has a 2 gb/month cap on the
> net. Anything over that, and you pay. (And I currently transfer 30+gb
> over lan+net...ouch).

hhhmmmmpffffff ahahahahahaha

that is the worse explanation I've ever heard :)

I will remove my rules.old in php-json because it's a mistake and I like
clean debian/ dirs. but please, not the bandwith argument for a file
that is often less than 2ko big, and that only pollutes the *source*
diff.gz (meaning that it's rarely downloaded by users)
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit