Re: Work-needing packages report for Apr 14, 2006

wnpp@debian.org wrote:

> The following is a listing of packages for which help has been requested
> through the WNPP (Work-Needing and Prospective Packages) system in the
> last week.
>
> Total number of orphaned packages: 294 (new: 18)
> Total number of packages offered up for adoption: 88 (new: 3)
> Total number of packages requested help for: 20 (new: 0)
I've bee noticing this list has lots of old bugs specially in the RFH
section. However, old bugs aren't necessarily bad. The thing is that lots
of these bugs have had answers for a long time now, some even have led to
the creation of alioth projects to handle the packages, and the bugs are
still open. It appears to me that, while more help may be welcomed to these
packages, most don't seem to really need help anymore, and these old bugs
clutter the wnpp reports and make them less useful, and a bit annoying (I
confess I've checked the RFH for gtkpod several times now, to only find
help isn't really needed anymore). Shouldn't package maintainers close
these bugs when they have received help?
As an informational note, of the 20 RFH of this month, only 5 are newer than
50 days old, with 7 over a year old.

--

Felipe Sateler