Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

Miles Bader wrote:

>>> - evince
>>>
>> Any particular reason for not just using xpdf?
>
> Especially since xpdf seems to do a much better job of rendering many
> pdf documents...  [Evince has nicer looking widgets though.]

Not only that, but Evince can be quite slow at rendering complex documents.

Of course, everything highly depends on your definition of "light". If I
were to make a list of packages for a "light" desktop, my selection
would be entirely different.

I am not saying that current selection is bad in any way. It contains
most of the packages I would expect to see on a _modern_ desktop
machine. But as for "light", it can certainly be much much lighter.