Re: Emphasize teams, not packages

Le samedi 21 janvier 2006 à 10:17 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> [Jérôme Warnier]
> > But why would you want to become a DD if you are not willing to
> > maintain a package. Debian is just about maintaining packages.
>
> Debian needs more than just people maintaining packages.  We need
> people working on translations, documentation, testing, web pages,
> system administration, press relations and probably some tasks I
> forgot.  And we should accept people interested in working on these
> tasks as full members of the project.
BTW, how could I apply for becoming DD with only doing sysadmin tasks?
I'd do it immediately. That's my job, I'm pretty good at it, and I
prefer that to packaging, while I'm able to package too (I already have
a package of mine in Debian).
I've found that in real life, packaging is the only way to *become* DD.

I've already contributed a lot to Debian, for years now (back around
2000), and would like to become a DD, but the work needed just to reach
the Holy Grail is simply too much when you are already working a lot
(especially on Debian bugreporting and patching).

So, how can I apply for DDship while doing the things I'm best at?

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant