Re: How (not) to write copyright files - take two

On 10605 March 1977, Florian Weimer wrote:

>> As *many* rejects out of the NEW-Queue[2] are still due to broken or
>> incomplete copyright-files - lets refresh that information.
> Just for clarification, since there seems to be this increased
> interest in copyright notices: Do developers need to verify that these
> copyright notices are accurate?

They should verify that as far as they can. Which IMO means looking at
the source if there is anything obviously wrong (like if upstream used
some little script to attach his GOPL notice above all files, and made
that also for a file originally under another license, which he just
copied).
That of course can easily be done at the same time you check the source
tarball while building your debian/copyright.

--
bye Joerg
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there