Re: How (not) to write copyright files - take two

Scripsit Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> > And we ignore any (C) FSF in generated autofoo stuff.

>> The generated autofoo stuff does not end up in the .deb, so the
>> copyright file needs not describe it.

> It often ends up in the source package (depending when you run the
> autotools), which we do distribute.

But is the Debian copyright file supposed to describe the source
package? Not according to my understanding; the source package already
includes the various upstream copyright messages in their original

Henning Makholm                    "Most of us manage to keep our body count
                                quite low. It's the neighborly way to live."