Re: How (not) to write copyright files - take two

Scripsit Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> > And we ignore any (C) FSF in generated autofoo stuff.

>> The generated autofoo stuff does not end up in the .deb, so the
>> copyright file needs not describe it.

> It often ends up in the source package (depending when you run the
> autotools), which we do distribute.

But is the Debian copyright file supposed to describe the source
package? Not according to my understanding; the source package already
includes the various upstream copyright messages in their original
positions.

--
Henning Makholm                    "Most of us manage to keep our body count
                                quite low. It's the neighborly way to live."