Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:01:09PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:

> I am going through the expulsion process to have Sven Luther removed
> from the project.  The process is outlined here:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/08/msg00005.html>,
> and I have already completed step 1.

This is ridiculous. It seems to become a favourite pasttime in debian
to ask for exclusion of people with whom someone has a personal quarrel.

> So, if you are interested in seconding the expulsion request, please let
> me know.  Please do not turn this into a flamewar; I don't care about
> your reasons why people should not be forcefully removed from the
> project.  Those who feel this way probably have not had to work w/ Sven
> on a team for the past 2 years.

I have been working with Sven on the debian ocaml team for six years.
He was the founder of that team, and for a long time among the most
active and productive members. Every time I had the occassion to
collaborate with him discussions were constructive and fruitful.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Spécification et Vérification