Re: Maintainer for fftw 2.1.3 requested

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:30:44PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I am surprised, as fftw is an excellent fft package and is still used
> by the following (they really should be updated to use fftw version
> 3 though). I would expect the maintainer of one of these to take an
> interest in this matter.

I would doubt change fftw2 -> fftw3 in support would appear anytime soon
for many packages. They are at least not compatible at API level, and in
scientific area people do not change things without a very
good reason to do that. Both releases are maintained by upstream AFAIK.

Maybe the fftw3 maintainer could be interested in maintainace of fftw2 too...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine