Re: GFDL question

Scripsit amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk (Andrew M.A. Cater)
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:30:04AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net> wrote:

>> >  So it is still not distributable.

>> ... in main.

> The Debian distribution _is_ main (and only main).

The jargon in debian-legal traditionally distringuishes between

 a) "not distributable": Debian would be infringing copyright (or some
     other legal principle) if we put it anywhere on our ftp servers.

and

 b) "not free": We may be legally able to distribute it, but we
    unilaterally _choose_ not to do so (... in main).

The above sentence from Jacobo Tarrio seems to use "not distributable"
in sense (b). Since this is not in fact -legal, I assume that we all
actually agree and that JT is simply unfamiliar with the relevant
jargon.

--
Henning Makholm                        "Ligger Öresund stadig i Middelfart?"