Re: question on hurd-i386 Debian architecture

Lars Wirzenius wrote:

su, 2006-03-12 kello 15:49 +0100, Peter Kourzanov kirjoitti:
Can anyone please explain why this architecture is named hurd-i386 rather that i386-hurd?

I guess it just happened to seem like a good name at the time. Why, is
there a problem with the name? Does it matter? Debian architecture names
are, after all, pretty much atomic and unparseable.
Well, I am in the process of adding more architectures like
i386-uclibc, and this order (CPU-OS) seems more logical to me
that the reverse (hurd-i386).