Re: ./configure in debian/rules

Am Donnerstag, 9. März 2006 20:17 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> Or do you want to do this to avoid an ifeq..endif block in debian/rules
> files that are currently required to detect if --host should be issued to
> configure ?

Personally just because I don't like the currently different naming of
native-to-arch gcc and gcc-as-cross-compiler.
You wouldn't have to worry about your current architecture as you only have to
know the target architecture. Compiling a package for i686 on sparc would be
exactly the same as compiling it on i686. I'd love that...

Just as I'd love to see the different binutils package merged and
binutils-multiarch to be the default.

HS

        oder über pgp.net