Re: 4GB address space

> Why not just buy a amd64/em64t cpu and run a 64bit kernel with 32bit
> userland?
>
> Gives you all of the 4GB (minus a few pages) without hacks or extra
> patches and without slowdowns.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

The 4GB Address Space thing is one of the topics proposed as thesis at my
university. They need it for Virtual Machines or something.

I have to do one and thought this might be quite interesting. I have some
experience with kernel programming but not with Linux - and I don't know
much about Linux internals as yet.

So what I need to know is whether those modifications are rather
comprehensive/complicated or not and whether it is feasible to get finished
within 4 month...

Cheers,

Thomas

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer