Re: Looking for a autotools/libtool expert: Unnecessarily linked libraries

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> For me, running the commands
>
>   cd texk
>   libtoolize -f -c
>   cp /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 libtool.m4
>   autoconf
>
> works, after editing kpathsea/withenable.ac to not try to use
> AM_MAINTAINER_MODE (obviously irrelevant if you're not using automake).
> This eliminates dependencies on libcairo.so.2, libXrender.so.1, and
> libX11.so.6 -- the rest of the dependencies seem to come from somewhere
> other than libpoppler.

Sorry, I can't reproduce that - I get errors from libtool at compile
time (on sarge with libtool1.4 and autoconf 2.13) or at configure time
(on sid where libtool1.4 doesn't exist and autoconf 2.59 is used).  Can
you tell me exactly what you did and with which versions?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)