Re: ./configure in debian/rules

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:30:14PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Per Olofsson <pelle@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Frank Küster:
> > >
> > > /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz
> >
> > Thanks - but I think this should be documented at a more visible place.
> > If it's not the policy, developer's reference.
>
> Policy has nothing to do with it.  The developer's reference already tells
> you about that in appendix A.6.2.

Also, as a part of recent maintenance update, the current "Debian New
Maintainers' Guide" has following pointer at the start of "Chapter 3 -
Modifying the source":

 Please make sure to read /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz
 before proceeding.

So you can not miss this information thesedays.  Thanks hmh providing
fine documentation.

Osamu