Re: PROPOSAL: debian/control file to include new License: field

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 11:01:07AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 10572 March 1977, Kevin Mark wrote:
>
> > I understand the general idea of a DFSG-free license but, for example,
> > if Clint uploads yet another zsh package bugfix, I'm not expecting him to have
> > it under a different license then the last 99 uploads. And if there was
> > a license change, you could detect it by checking the current package
> > license 'tag' against some 'oldtag' stored by some random method.
> > This assumes that the developer classified it correctly in the initial
> > setup, and then this was verified by the ftpmasters and the developer
> > doesnt have some malicious intent to not notify ftpmaster of a new
> > license change via these said 'tag's.
>
> Only packages in NEW are checked, not every little bugfix upload. :)
Hi Joerg,
I probably need one of these two at the moment: 1) sleep 2) caffine so I
mis-stated what NEW entails. It deals with initial uploads and other
situations(at least new upstream and other cases). I understand the
initial upload needing attention but the subsequent uploads should not
need license checking unless this 'tag' value was changed.
cheers,
Kev