Re: PROPOSAL: debian/control file to include new License: field

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 02:35:52AM -0600, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Kevin Mark]
> > would it provide any automation or easier processing for the NEW
> > queue(ftpmasters)?
>
> I doubt it.  They don't take the maintainer's word for stuff like that,
> as I understand it - they double-check the copyright and license
> declarations in the source code.
You mean they check ever single time $RANDOM_PACKAGE enter NEW and don't
assume its correct until someone raises an objections? I'd at least
think you could create a sub-queue in NEW so that already tagged
standard licenses would get processed faster and others would be in a
location to allow for special license processing.
Cheers,
Kev