Re: {SPAM} Question about GFDL licensed works

Daniel Ruoso dijo [Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 05:17:27PM -0300]:
> Hmmm... I still didn't buy this argument... But it has been argued that
> it is not the intent of this license clause and that, because of that,
> it would not be enforceable, as, even the text not saying that, some
> other references around are sufficient to disable this type of
> enforcement of the license.
>
> I don't know where are these references (probably RMS comments), but, as
> we agree it is a bug in the license, it's quite possible that such text
> exists (there is a message from RMS saying he never thought this could
> be applied with GFDL terms).

But then again, if I chose to license something under the GFDL as it
is now, being aware of this bug/feature, I have created a work that is
clearly non-free, and which is licensed under the GFDL and has no
invariant sections.

I don't care what RMS wanted to say, but I liked the license as a good
way to find you not respecting it - I can sue people!

So, at least until a new revision is published, GFDL cannot be seen as
free. And works licensed under the current revision with no "or later"
provisions cannot be seen as free.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23