Question about GFDL licensed works

Hi,

        I have a machine with multiple user accounts on it. On that
 machine, I use cryptsetup to encrypt _all_ the partitions and swap,
 apart from /boot. The machine runs SELinux, to provide and enforce
 privilege separation, and my working area is labelled user_work_t.

        Now, I also work on my Debian packages in the work area, and I
 have several copies of packages (representing different branches of
 development) in that work area.

        "You may not use technical measures to obstruct or control the
        reading or further copying of the copies you make or
        distribute."

        While I am not distributing copies directly (and the copies I
 distribute to Debian are free for others to read),  I am making
 copies, and there are technical measures to obstruct or control the
 reading or further copying of the copies I made -- namely, SELinux
 policies, UNIX permissions, and AES encryption.

        Am I in violation of the License merely by unpacking make or
 by doing an "tla get" on my machine? If I am, why is this free -- I
 can't even unpack the sources " with no Invariant Sections, with no
 Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts" on my SELinux
 running Linux machine without breaking the law.

        If people who sponsored the second amendment can explain to me
 why something that prevents me from using SELinux when all I am doing
 is unpack and copy make sources is deemed free, I would be, err,
 grateful.

        manoj
--
If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost.