Re: need help with minc

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 00:10 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made the mistake of adding "make check" to debian/rules.  Now minc
> won't build on certain architectures.  It builds on i386 (my
> architecture), ia64, s390, and powerpc.  It fails on alpha, sparc,
> mips, hppa, arm, and mipsel.

In that case, don't bother debian-admin about sparc; I have an
UltraSparc (Sun Ultra 5) upon which I can build.  It will be up to 30
minutes before it's up to date with current sid.

> The best would be if someone would install all the build dependencies
> for minc and then let me log in to poke around.
>
> Alternatively; someone could build minc, step through the failing
> script as follows, and send me the output of each command.

I'll be happy to run the commands, but if that doesn't help very much,
please contact me off-list and I'll be happy to create an account for
you.  That might require some firewall work, so I'd prefer not to do
that if it's not necessary.

Is there a particular version (other than 1.4-3) that I should be using?

bmc