Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:31:55AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>:

> > > That was a 3:1 majority out of 200 voters, considering that Debian
> > > counts almost 1000 developers and considering that many pros are
> > > convinced they have been deceived.

> > Referring to 20% of your fellow developers[1] as a "very loud [extremist]
> > minority" is absurd, particularly when only 5% of the remaining "majority"
> > could be bothered to vote against.  You may not agree with the decision that
> > was taken, but insulting your peers for their views on the question just

> Not all pros in this GR are what I call extremists.  I suspect some of them
> did not expect the consequences of modifying the SC that way.  After all,
> weren't they editorial changes?

Ah.  I didn't understand earlier that you meant you felt deceived by the GR
as someone who voted in favor of it.  This is rather surprising to me; I
was taken off guard by the immediate consequences of the GR, but I had no
doubt as to its intended meaning -- i.e., that all bits in the archive
should be treated under the same rules.

> > makes you look like an ass.  If you really think this vote was stolen from
> > the majority, put your money where your mouth is -- find five other

> Where the hell did I say it was stolen from the majority?

Were you being gratuitously crass when you said