Re: Orphaning: opendchub, pimppa, rccp, xnc, xshisen

Hi,

Zak B. Elep wrote:
> On 2/2/06, Gregory B. Prokopsky <gadek@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've not have had time lately to maintain these packages properly and
> > it'll
> > be best for everyone to have them officialy orphaned.
> >
> > First come - first serve.  Please Cc: me, I am not on debian-devel.  For
> > the
> > packages not picked up by anyone within next days I'll fill WNPP bugs and
> > upload with the QA as the maintainer.
>

> I'm interested in adopting opendchub, rccp, and xshisen.  Please expect
> updated packages to be RFS'ed in debian-mentors (I hope to do this on
> Saturday PHT).  I would like, however, to have the proper wnpp bugs filed so
> that the change in maintainer is documented and legal (I don't want to be
> the example of a package hijacker ;)

This is not a package hijack. Neither is is one if you'd have talked
privately with gadek and then took it over. It's just a hijack if you
change Maintainer: without the Maintainer agreeing. Which evidently
isn't the case here :)

Regards,

Rene